Saturday, March 16, 2013

Immersion for the first time

Our immersion helped me to grow as a better individual and it helped me to make a difference. It's in our immersion where I realized a lot of things.
First, I'm so blessed to go to school via car or any means of transportation while the children at Nueva Union have to walk for kilometers just to go to school . Now I learned to give importance to my studies, to strive hard to finish. I am inspired by the children from Nueva Union to do well in school.
Second, I realized that I have to change my attitude of wasting food, because I am so blessed to eat 3 times a day while my family there in Nueva Union and the others sometimes can't complete their meals because they have nothing to eat. So everytime I cannot finish my food, I will think of them so I could finish my food and thank God for His blessings.
Lastly, I don't have to buy expensive things just to fit in or something, and I don't have to buy things that are not so important. My conscience can't stand it anymore to spend money for nothing, for the things that I don't need, while some people especially those in Nueva Union can't complete their daily meals because of insufficient needs and money to buy food and other things that they need. But the people there in Nueva Union made me realized that expensive things and money can't give you real happiness, it's actually the people around you and the people who love you. Now I can proudly say that I grew as a better person.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment