"A fighter", the title that has been given to her. Right! and she's indeed a survivor, she survived all the struggles that came her way and the challenges that was given to her before she was diagnosed with cancer. She never gave up easily, she chose to fight the battle wherein she has her friends, relatives, and family with her who served as her swords and armors. During the tough time our family went through she was the one who kept us intact, and she was the mediator of all. You may think mama is unlucky but I think it's the opposite, there are so many people who are told how long they have to live and they don't reach it while for mama she was given a 9-year extension for her to live life to the fullest, serve the people, serve her family, guide her children, and to serve God. The death of a mother is the first sorrow wept without her and to tell you frankly it's the most painful. Now mama reached the limit of her life time, this might be very hard for us to let go of her but we have to. We must have the courage to go on with our lives now that she's gone because I'm sure that is what she wants us to do. Now is the time for me to be independent, responsible and to be matured. But there was a time that I questioned myself, am I in the right age to loose a mother, are my knowledge enough to achieve my goals and to identify right from wrong? Because what I know is that at this age I still need guidance from a mother especially now that I am about to enter the college life. Up to now I'm still pondering on that question. Before mama died we were given two chances to say what we have to say. The first time that she was on a 50-50 condition, we reconciled for the things that have hurt us which made a gap between us, and for all the misunderstandings we had then. The second time, we gave her the assurance. I assured her to finish my studies and to end up to be successful. Then we assured her that we will all be fine, we will go on with our lives and of course to be with each other all the time, to help one other especially in times of downfall, and what she wanted to hear from us; "We will take care of papa, ma. We promise". Then she finally had rested in peace (without me during her last breath).
Ma, thank you so much for the love you have shown us, for taking care of us, for raising us to be the best, for the patience and understanding, thank you for the knowledge and ideas you have shared us, and thank you for not being the person to lean on but the person who made leaning unnecessary.
Sorry if there are times that we hurt you, we misunderstood you, we did not appreciate the care and concern you have shown us, sorry if there are times that I just ignore you especially when you are sharing stories, sorry if I was overpowered by my emotions that made a gap between us,sorry if I have not shown you how much I care for you, how much I appreciate the things you have shown us, and sorry if you haven't seen how much I love you, ma.
Ma, have a peaceful journey. Bring with you our love. I love you so much, Nancy Perez,'til we meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment